I LOVE keeping up this blog of mine. I, by no means, think I’m the best at blogging or the most consistent, or the most interesting, but I love sharing who I am, and getting to show off my amazing clients. And while, in so many ways, this blog is as much for me as for my business or for others, my desire through it really is to create conversation with all of YOU. And if comments are the indication of how well I’m doing that….I feel I have room to improve.
It’s a difficult balance to strike to be motivated by the number of comments you do (or don’t) get. In a lot of ways, I don’t want to focus on those numbers and let it discourage me from continuing to share what I’m passionate about on this blog. BUT, I also want to listen if it’s an indication that I’m not sharing things that are of value or interest to you. After all, what good is a blog that ends up just being interesting to me? So, I want to create better conversation, and do a better job connecting. I want to know what it is YOU want to hear about, and what will get you communicating with me (and each other). Here are just a few questions I’d love to hear your feedback on, as well as any other feedback you’d care to leave:
1) What inspires you to comment vs. just clicking “like”?
2) What blog series, or types of posts (weddings, portrait shoots, personal posts, Wardrobe Wednesdays, My Method, etc) that I’ve written are most interesting and engaging to you?
3) WHAT makes them interesting/engaging, in your opinion?
4) If a blog post is ended with a question of some sort, does that actually feel more engaging to you, or does it seem cliche?
5) When you’re scrolling through shoots and wedding posts, do you want to hear more about the client(s) and their story, or do you prefer fewer words and letting the images speak for themselves?
6) Is commenting simply about having the time/convenience to do so, or strictly whether you feel you have anything original to say, or not?
I’m sure there are so many other things I could/should be asking about, but right now I really just want to create a conversation with you about learning to create better conversations from here on out! :) In exchange for your time in giving me feedback, a $25 Starbucks card is up for grabs! I’ll choose a winner at random from those who comment. And just because this post needs a pretty image….a beautiful ring shot from my first-ever time experiencing (and shooting at!) a cotton field!
Excited to hear what you have to say, and I hope everyone is having a happy Thursday!
Update: Winner of the gift card was announced on Facebook on October 4th, 2013. Congratulations to Brittany Cronin!