I know I say this every month, but it seriously is hard to believe that 2014 is already almost over. I feel like there’s still SO much left to do and enjoy before this year calls it quits! It’s been a crazy few weeks, and I know I haven’t gotten as much done as I had hoped in October, but there’s still November and December left to hopefully wrap some of those things up and, of course, enjoy the holiday season!
October was great, though. My parents came for a short visit, I shot my last weddings of the year (and they were stunning), I got to wear my favorite loafers a ton, finally met Baby Serena in person, had a beautiful feature on The Black Tie Bride, enjoyed wonderful new tunes from my friend John Davey, enjoyed decorating for Fall, and dressing up with Aaron for Halloween.
And a little recap of what did (and didn’t) get done last month:
– Continue working out/being active 4-5 times per week (I did this at the beginning of the month and then kind of fell off the bandwagon…)
– Make a healthy pumpkin bread
– Attempt making Pumpkin Spiced Latte
– Try to catch up on the last 2 chapters of The Meaning of Marriage
– Recover bottom of living room chair
– Pick fabric to recover dining room chairs (Made some progress on this!)
– Figure out new artwork for kitchen (Started working on this!)
– Buy pumpkins to decorate porch
– Find new mat for front porch
– Start one Fall craft project
– Go apple picking (We got rained out – boo!)
– Hire an office assistant
– Look into options for outsourcing editing
– Submit two more weddings
– Fill out branding questionnaires
– Finalize any wording for new site (Worked on this!)
– Pick favorite portfolio images (Worked on this!)
– Meet with designer and get the ball rolling!
Soooo, as you can see, I didn’t do quite as well with all of my goals this month. But, there were good reasons why as the month was pretty crazy, so I’m not that upset about it. November is going to continue to be pretty busy, as well, so I’m aiming for just a few specific things this month and hope to wrap up a few of those things that went undone in October.
– Drink 60+ ounces of water a day
– Recover bottom of living room chair (for really real)
– Order Christmas cards
– Make apple pie for Friendsgiving
– Skype with at least one friend
– Begin dealing with leaves in the yard
– Finish narrowing down portfolio images
– Finish all wording for new site
– Take any necessary photos for site
– Line up more Wardrobe Wednesday guest posts
– Do a styled shoot
– Launch new site by end of the month!
I’m super excited by new things on the horizon with the new brand and website launching and really hoping to get that all wrapped up and ready by the end of the month! Fingers crossed! So, here’s to a productive and enjoyable rest-of-November! What are you most excited to accomplish this month?