I’m excited to finally be sharing my goals for this year with you! It may be untraditional, but I like taking the whole month of January to really think through and focus my heart and vision on what I want this year to look like. That’s not a process I’m good at rushing through and having ready by January 1st. Thus, why this post always comes at the end of the month. :) But without further ado, here’s my heart for this year.
WORD FOR THE YEAR: Restore
- to bring back into existence, use, or the like; reestablish
- to bring back to a state of health, soundness, or vigor.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. – Psalm 51:12
To reestablish order, routine, proper priorities, and self-discipline so as to better use my time, meet the needs of my family, and serve my clients. To get back some of what was lost in the chaos and change of last year, and to find balance and solution for NEW challenges on my time, energy and priorities. Above all, to WORK to live, not LIVE to work. To maintain a healthy and successful work/life balance that allows me to prioritize time with Aaron & Llewyn, time to connect with and serve my local church & community, and to serve the wedding industry and my clients.
WHY: I want to get back to the joy of my relationship with the Lord, knowing that I’m fully loved and covered in grace daily. I want to grow in my weaknesses, and better serve my family. I want to live under the weight of less. I want to have the freedom to live better and more fully, by being surrounded by things that bring joy and making time for what matters more.
- Spend consistent time with the Lord, daily
- Workout 2-3 times per week
- Cook dinner more frequently
- Create an order/routine to tackle home-care tasks
- Drink 60+ oz of water per day
- Put my home in order/”KonMari” my life
- Read at least 4 books
- Watch less TV
- Continue to serve actively in my church
- Spend more time on creative hobbies
- Continue to document and be in-the-moment with Llewyn as he grows
WHY: I want to work smarter, not harder. I want to make things easier on myself, while still serving my clients faithfully. I want to stop struggling in the areas of my business I don’t enjoy and instead let them go to the care of experts/trusted individuals. I want to change areas that no longer best serve the kind of life I want to achieve with my work.
- Go paperless/Automate workflow
- Create weekly/daily work schedule
- Finish designing TWP bridal guide & order
- Re-design workflow boards
- Simplify/Improve Album Workflow
- Design better pricing guide
- Learn about SEO
- Business coaching for input on areas to improve & grow
Some of these sound more open-ended or vague than others, but I actually already have actionable steps written for each goal to help give me better success in achieving them. I didn’t want this post to be forever long, so I’m not sharing all of those right now but they will likely show up in some of my monthly goal posts throughout the year. My desire for this year truly is to bring restoration to the areas that have gotten out of hand, that I consistently fail in, or only bring me stress. That can be an intimidating task to take on, but I’m filled with so much hope that at this time next year I will be able to see how I made progress in 2016.
Above all, there is always grace. But I’m excited to tackle and improve these areas of my life and to continue becoming the wife, Mom and business-owner that I desire to be!
What are your goals for 2016? I’d love to hear and cheer you on as you tackle them!