Happy Monday, friends! If you follow me at all on Facebook or Twitter, you may have discovered that I had a really great weekend hanging out with my parents! It was their first time getting to come visit me and Aaron here in Virginia, and it was fun to have low-key hangout time, as well as show them around our city a little bit. I loved taking them to our church and introducing them to their first Cheesecake Factory experience, as well as my Mom to her first-ever pedicure! Likewise, we got them to watch The Godfather for their first time and THEY brought Galaxy Quest with them to settle a long-standing family issue with me (somehow my WHOLE family saw that movie multiple times over the years, and I never saw it once! It only added to my middle-child syndrom of accusing them of doing all the fun stuff when I was gone…. ;) Plus, I grew up in a very Sci-Fi loving, Star-Trek-watching family, so this particular movie had more meaning than you might otherwise guess. Thus, as you can see, a lot was accomplished in one little parental visit! Mostly, it was just great to get some time with them. (And on Wednesday my brother and sister fly out here to spend a WEEK with us! Crazy how I get all of my family in the same week, just at different times.)
(Btw, our nails aren’t black….the lighting was just bad. I got a great dark teal color, and my mom got a pretty dark purple)
Anyway, I’m fairly impressed with myself that this month’s goals are being posted less than a week into the new month! I know, I know….I should probably aim for the FIRST of the month, but I’m slowly getting closer to that as time goes on! Here’s a look at last month’s goals/accomplishments:
– Workout 3-4 times per week (I did this for the first few weeks, but going to WPPI threw me off for a while)
– Drink at LEAST one full Nalgene bottle of water per day
– Read the book of 1st Samuel (Didn’t quite finish it, but I only have a few chapters left!)
– Start reading a fictional book already on my shelf, but not yet read
Get & set-up a bed frame
Better organize clothes & shoes & keep them that way!
– Hang up canvas art over bed (Decided not to since we’re now moving in less than 2 months…I’ll just wait for the new apartment!)
Try out a new recipe for soup
Print out all emailed receipts, & categorize
Total ALL receipts & mileage
Set up meeting with CPA
– Design new Sample Album
Blog at least 3 times a week (Aside from being gone at WPPI, I think I hit this!)
Submit 1-2 weddings to be featured
Look into new branding/packaging materials
Go to WPPI & learn lots!
So, as we can see, I was a lot more successful in the business goals this month than the personal. But something is better than nothing, and it gives me more to strive for this month! So, here are March’s goals!
– Workout 3-4 times a week
– Drink at least 1 Nalgene bottle of water per day
– Finish 1st Samuel, start 2nd Samuel
– Start a fictional book already on my shelf
– Have coffee/girl time at least 4 times
– Try out at least 2 new recipes, of any kind
– Send at least 2 handwritten letters
– Design new sample album
– Order samples of packaging ideas to decide what I like best
– Submit 1-2 weddings/shoots for publication
– Blog 3-4 times per week
– Launch new blog series!
– Write a concise “mission statement”
– Cancel Pictage & switch over entirely to SmugMug
I’m looking forward to what I can accomplish this month, and excited about the things not even listed that I will get to experience and accomplish, as well. Stay tuned this week as I’m really excited to be announcing a new blog series on Wednesday, and in general have more loveliness to bring your way! And with that, I’d love to know what some of YOUR goals are for this week or month…so please share!