As per my usual, I took the entire month of January to really dig into my heart, mind, desires and aspirations to see what goals would develop for this year. It can feel like a big task, at first, but I really love the whole process of Lara Casey’s Power Sheets and highly recommend it if you want a system that is in depth and helps you not just achieve intentional goals, but discover what goals you might have hidden inside and not even know it. Seriously so much great stuff! So, here’s what I want to focus on this year.
P E R S O N A L
Word of the year: TRUST
Trust the Lord above all, holding thoughts, fears & anxieties captive to Him. Trust MYSELF more, as well – that I am capable – with His grace – of growing, improving, breaking old habits and establishing healthier ones.
Verses: The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and He helps me. (Psalm 28:7)
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. (Psalm 143:8)
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. (Isaiah 26:3 – one of my lifetime favorite verses)
OVERALL OBJECTIVE: Be a better, more consistent, and longterm-looking steward of my holistic self, my relationships, my home and my resources. Do even the small, mundane things with great love.
- Maintain involvement in fitness accountability groups
- Workout 5x/week
- Complete PT
- Read/listen to at least 10 books
- Create weekly/monthly cleaning schedule & implement
- Establish nightly tidy routine/habit for prepping for the morning
- Do laundry daily and keep clothes put away in bedroom
- KonMari all closets
- Tend more plants
- Replace more plastics with sustainable & healthier options
- Attend one marriage booster at church
- Send 4 handwritten notes each month
- Create shopping list for clothing so I shop with more focused intention for what I need
- Organize photo storage for personal/family photos
- Begin to catch up on creating photobooks for the last few years
- Create gallery wall for printing & displaying more family photos
- Implement more regular “school time” (though mostly still learning through play & activities) with Llewyn
B U S I N E S S
Word for the year: REFRESH
OVERALL OBJECTIVE: Bring new vigor and energy into my business systems & workflow, revitalizing what may be outdated or no longer working its best, and tackling things that have been on the back burner for too long. Creating room for fresh vision and inspirational ideas to push myself on both the business side and creative side.
- Personalize the workflow of my business software
- Follow up with business coaching
- Finally open retirement savings of some kind
- Finish email course & launch list
- Brainstorm new ways to connect with & serve others
- Plan the inspiration & implement at least 2 creative shoots
- Turn in all tax information early
- Update website galleries
- Update Wedding Guide design
- Refine photo backup organization & system
A lot of these may seem simple, or silly, and some of then are a little general that already have smaller actionable steps written out for me to know what I will need to tackle on weekly or monthly bases in order to achieve them. But the best part is that goals can change. This is what feels important as I think of this year, and envision how even small changes will play into the larger picture of where I want my life to head, but there is freedom to shift or change if the vision changes as the year progresses. And while I certainly don’t have to put these in front of anyone else’s eyes for them to be powerful and attainable, I do love the extra accountability of sharing with others what I’m aiming for.
So what about you? Do you have any goals set for this year? What are the most important ones on your list?