It’s Friday, and I don’t know about you, but I’m so ready for the weekend! We started working on baby registry stuff this week (which has been QUITE the task), and I’ve continued adding to my Pinterest inspiration boards, but I’m excited because we’re going to IKEA tomorrow to check out a few things for Llewyn’s room. There’s a lot of the baby-prep process that has been overwhelming to me, so it’s been nice to take breaks and focus on the parts that are more exciting/less stressful to me, like decorating the nursery! So, I just thought I’d share the room inspiration with you all, and it’ll be fun to see how close to this it does or does not turn out! Haha.
- I want to paint the walls a really light gray – the exact color is TBD, but I got a few Benjamin Moore samples to try out this weekend! And the goal is to be fairly neutral, with pops of navy and mustard, and other colors/prints brought in through fun art hung on the walls.
- The dresser pictured above is the actual one we just bought from a consignment shop last week, and I plan to leave it the wood color. I love the style of it and it’s a great height to put the changing pad on top of, plus it was a great price for a real-wood vintage dresser in good condition.
- Crib-wise, we’re still waiting to settle on the exact one, but I want to spend $150 or less and just want a basic white crib. Sadly, IKEA is out of stock with their’s right now, but the one pictured above is available on Amazon and still fits within that price, so it may end up being what we go with.
- Definitely excited about the rocking chair. We plan to buy the above pictured chair from IKEA and then add the rocker legs exactly as shown. I’ve found it’s basically the cheapest way to still get an upholstered, cute rocking chair. Originally I REALLY wanted a navy one, but of course, that chair in navy at IKEA is out of stock, currently. Boo.
- BUT! Since the chair won’t be navy, I think we’ll do a simple navy rug to still break up the neutrals and give some grounding to the room.
- Love this adorable crochet mobile and I have a friend who said she would make me one! So, I’m just trying to decide if I want to go with an all-white one, or maybe bring in some of the mustard with that. Also trying to decide on the actual shape/animal. But nonetheless, I think a crochet hanging mobile will be sooo cute.
- Definitely want a fun collage/gallery wall or different pieces of art displayed on shelves. I like the idea of these cute type of prints mixed in with maybe some that are a little more vintage.
- And lastly, I’m just in love with crochet/knitted little animals. I’d definitely love some vintage-inspired toys sitting around to bring in that feel to the room so it’s not an entirely modern feel.
Aaron’s parents are coming to visit in a couple weeks and I think we’re going to tackle painting the nursery. I’m excited to start making progress little by little for the next few months to get everything ready for our little man! :)
Anyone else planning a nursery, right now? I’d love to see/hear what’s inspiring you!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!