Another month has just flown by! July was a busy and accomplished month as we continued to adjust to life with a newborn, AND as I started back into shooting weddings. I had my first solo outings with Llewyn (which have successfully become regular occurrences, now), my first coffee-shop work date with friends and the baby, had my centering group reunion and exchanged birth stories with the other mommas and met the other sweet babies born around the same time as Llewyn, shot my first two weddings post-baby, and have been trying to begin figuring out how to get work done on a daily basis. I know there’s still much to learn when it comes to that, but I’m grateful my workload has been lighter so I have the time and flexibility to give myself grace as I try to accomplish things – even if it’s very little some days.
Here’s how July goals ended up:
Begin reading Baby Wise Begin reading new devotional book
- Drink 60+ ounces of water a day (I hit this some days, but not as consistently as I wanted)
Order and begin wearing new postpartum belly wrap
- Work in a bottle feeding from Aaron once a day (We don’t do it everyday, but it’s successful whenever he does, so that was the goal!)
Have at least two solo outings with Llewyn Share Llewyn’s birth story Photograph & blog Llewyn’s nursery
Prepare for first two weddings post-baby Shoot first two weddings post-baby! Order client album Finish editing lifestyle session
- Submit 1-2 weddings (I did submit a lifestyle session, though!)
And here’s what I hope to get done for the rest of this month!
- Read at least 2-3 more chapters in Baby Wise
- Drink 60+ ounces of water a day
- Go for at least 4 walks with Llewyn
- Finish sending out birth announcements
- Write in Llewyn’s baby book everything applicable to date
- Take load of stuff to Goodwill
- Fly with Llewyn for the first time!
- Blog at least twice a week
- Submit 1-2 shoots of any kind
- Get all album orders up to date
- Restock all shipping supplies
- Buy mail scale & stop having to go to Post Office!
- Finish editing fashion shoot
Excited for the weeks ahead and the fun they will hold with family visits and another wedding and enjoying the last days of Summer! What are a few things you’re most excited about this month?